United for Reform
This is a one-of-a-kind way to inspire change.
Organizing for Action and the Creative Action Network are inviting submissions of visual art that highlight the importance of comprehensive immigration reform.
Immigration reform is about living up to our values and strengthening the middle class -- it will reduce the deficit by more than $800 billion and create 3.2 million jobs.
This is a great way to get involved -- and make your voice heard through your creative design.
All pieces meeting submission guidance will be displayed in the online galleries, making it possible for the creative person behind it to be paid for their contribution to the cause. A selection of works will be featured at gallery events across the country on February 12, 2014. Pieces must be submitted by Thursday, January 23rd to be considered for the gallery exhibits.
YOUR IMAGE SHOULD
- Be 8.5 by 11 inches at a resolution of 300dpi (2550 pixels wide by 3300 pixels tall)
- Be simple, clear, and concise with a single takeaway, message or idea (see slogans to consider below)
YOUR IMAGE SHOULD NOT
- Include logos (artist signatures are fine)
Themes and Slogans
If you're looking for inspiration, art could be about Dreamers -- the undocumented youth who only know America as home -- or it could be forward-looking and hopeful. It could also explore the ideas of the American Dream, America’s immigration legacy, or our country’s history of immigrants like the millions who passed through Ellis Island in search of a better life.
Other key statistics and ideas are about immigration reform’s impact.
- Over $800 billion in deficit reduction
- 3.2 million new jobs
- Strengthen the middle class
Log In to Upload
- United for Reform / Unidos por la Reforma
- United for Immigration reform / Unidos por la Reforma Migratoria
- Legalization with Citizenship Now! / Legalización con Ciudadanía Ahora!
- Immigration Reform Now! / Reforma Migratoria Ahora!
- Women for a Pathway to Citizenship / Mujeres para un Camino a la Ciudadanía
- Dignity and Justice! / Dignidad y Justicia!
- Protect Worker Rights / Protejan los Derechos Laborales
- Worker Rights for All / Derechos Laborales para Todos